Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Saturday, November 05, 2005

The one and only "Blog" Blog

So what has recently been up in the life of Keith?

It has come to my attention I do not update my blog nearly enough, and that many of my entries skate the line between stories and blogs (falling down on the former much more often).

I. Wash Thrus. Night

First off, Thursday's Washington Society Meeting

Things to note:
-Meg presided her first meeting
-Andrew had a six-pack with him at his desk
-my little sib Rachel did her first literary presentation: Rachel Carson's "The Sea Around Us"
-Emmet had amazing hair
-I gave what was most likely the worse floor speech of my entire life

So what happened at the meeting?

Really incredible provisonal literary presentations.
i. Amber McCardy -- a funny piece about beaches and cell phones; very nicely devlivered
ii. Chris Heywood -- a great discovery for me; "
Godel, Escher, Bach". Very intruiging lit.
iii. Doug O'Reagan -- a hilarious lampon of archelogy. 'Tis sweet; Doug knows how to string along an audience, and then cut it hilariously open
iv.Jessica Huang -- (I saw her yesterday, fyi); superb lit.
v. Steve Gottschling -- (note he memorized most of it); a nice reading of an Pittsburg Newspaper Editorial on Human Resourcing. Very excellent delivery; and the end -- that's the stuff that makes magical WASH meetings

Floor
-Rachel Carr-- my amazing little sib. Read a insightful work of non-ficition, with a dash of science (Which contrary to expectations did not cause the hall to run out ablazed). She was thoroughly wonderful.
-Charlie Mason -- read us another awesome Dennis Leary piece. While I was hoping that he would attack me, I still think the night was an overall success
-Meg Olson -- a lit from the president-- machines and there sweetness, and a French pilot.
-Emmet et al's Drinking Songs -- I think the title says it all

And for the Debate
ally gold/zach pruckowski (gov) and anna katz/will levine (opp)

Resolved: Allow next of kin to sell their deceased family member's organs

-A very high quality debate, headed up by two very high quality debaters. As such it was a close vote; with OPP sweaking out a win

Friday: Delayed Paper and introduction to North/South

-Went to class; midterm was delayed -- I was one of three people whose midterm's were left in DC. Very hot.

-Came back and chilled with Rachel. I watched the first episode of North and South. It was truly amazing. Especially the black-free servant of Pat S.'s girlfriend (her accent seems to go from the Bahamas, to Jamaica, and then to crazy crack-user all at once)
-Carradine is also one sweet villian
-Rachel has now gotten me addicted; so I will just have to watch all 6. If people want a play-by-play update, with a request I will gladly do it.

Sincerely,
Keith e White





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Nov 05, 07:20:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting blog.. :)

Sat Nov 05, 07:21:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gotta disagree Keith--I thought that floor speech was pretty entertaining.

Sat Nov 05, 08:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger sarah said...

so is this like keithedwhite.blogspot.com happening truly and for real? i'm not yet convinced, but the progress intrigues.
i'm just trying to keep tabs on the blog community, you know what i'm saying. holla.

Sun Nov 06, 04:25:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home