Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Sunday, January 16, 2005

A New Year Finally Shows Itself

After a long pause I have myself back to my blog site. It warms me to know that at the very least two people have read and commented- granted one was rather random. So what do I have to update you on.

Break:
Week spent at home- saw the family, chilled with my cousins Maria, Pam, and Raine. Ate tons of food. Got to see everyone, it was nice. Though Bonnie did get to the refrigerator- darn dogs.

Then veen shooting back and forth between Nova and C-ville for a bit. Saw my friends Josh, Preston, Ashley, Susan, Lizzy, Sarah, and Heidi from ole high school days. And then got to see bunches of my roommates recently- with a lot of Meg on the side.

Last few days have been spent mainly watching movie after movie either here or the other residental places. Also been trying to do some research and get some filing done, its all very exciting. These last few days have been quite interesting- but as with all things, its hard not to be amazed by how all things stay the same.

But yes, I know you're all waiting for a ridiculous quotation so here it is. Since inaugural season is upon us, I've decided to give a selection of one of the best political speeches of all time.
"I could give you many other reasosn why you should feel confident in ultimate victory, if only you will make up your minds not to add to the empire while the war is in progress, and not to go out of your way to involve yourselves in new perils. What I fear is not the enemy's stratgy, but our own mistakes....We must realize that this war is being forced upon us, and the more readily we accept the challenge the less eager to attack us will our opponents be. We must realize to, too, that, both for cities and for individuals, it is from the greatest dangers that the greatest glory is to be won...we must resist our enemies in any and every way, and try to leave ot those who come after us an Athens that is as great as ever."
-Pericles, from History of the Peloponnesian War

Yes, think about those words when (as I know you will al do) watch the Presidental speech coming Thrusday. I will most likely be kicking something hard, but I do enjoy skilled oratory on display.

Also, I am considering writing an article on 'Life Aquatic' the new Wes Anderson film (and perhaps one sweeping Rushmore, Royal Tenebaums as well). If any of you have feelings on the films or certain things I should keep in mind, feel free to suggest.

Off to dinner I go with Nathan. Thanx for the chicken Meg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home